Skip to main content

BACK TO SCHOOL: Schools in Books

This week on Back to School I wanted to help you guys feel in sync with some great characters. I wanted to pick some books for you guys that I love that take place in school environments. Now school will not be the main point or problem these characters go through, but they do go through some of the tough situations and stress you guys do at school. Some characters live on campus and deal with the drama of being independent for the first time, missing home, the struggle of finding who they truly are, drama, and parties. College is a hard time for many people because you are finding your own self on your own terms. Mommy and daddy aren't there to tell you what to do or how to act. Some struggle while others flourish.





 I HAD to put girls in this post that loved to learn and enjoyed the structure of school. I sometimes forget that learning can be looked at on a bright note. It's hard to remember that when you have 5 gazillion papers to write. I picked two girls I thought fit this category perfectly. They also in some ways got picked on for their love to learn and how smart they truly were. I think sometimes people feel the need to dumb themselves down to feel like others can relate to them. Neither one of these girls ever did that, and even though they had hurt feelings at times they stuck to their guns.

 
 
If you haven't read this book you need to stop what you are doing and go get this book NOW. This book was everything a book nerd wants in a book. Cath writes fan fiction and does an amazing job at it. Being a fan fiction writer, a loving daughter, and loyal sister is all she has ever known. When Cath goes off to college her world is turned upside down. She doesn't have as much time to write, her sister wants to take her own space, and Cath can't take care of her father hours away from home. This is an amazing coming to ago book, and oh the romance is FANTASTIC. I recommend this book to EVERYONE!!!
 
 
 
I will start by saying this is a NA book so yes there are some sexy times going on in this book. I felt the need to let my younger viewers know. I laughed so hard in this book. To me the humor was the best aspect in this book. Bliss is tired of being a virgin and just wants to get rid of her v card as quick as possible, and the best way she knows how is with a one night stand. Well she tries to get a one night stand going and freaks out. I mean she really freaks. She starts yelling about cats right before it goes down. The guys stops and she lies telling him she has to go pick up her cat. She runs out of the apartments, leaves the stranger in HER apartments, forgets to grab a shirt, and has to sit in the bushes hiding waiting till he leaves. The next day she goes to class and see's her one nightstand......TEACHING HER CLASS!!!!!! That is all I am going to tell you. Just go and grab this book you wont regret it.
 
 
 
This book is as you all know one of my absolute favs! Anna isn't in college, but she spends her last year of high school in PARIS!!!!!!! Little to say Anna's life is turned upside down. Her life is finally coming together. The cute boy she works with has finally noticed her, she loves her job, she has great friends, and then her father drops the bomb. Being a famous writer he wants to look good and have his daughter to go to boarding school. So Anna is forced to pack up and leave everything she knows. Little to say Anna is stressing she is even stressing about if she can wear white shoes in Paris without sticking out like a sore thumb. What Anna isn't expecting is to find true friends, learn more about herself by letting go of some of her uptight ways, and falling in love. The romance is this book is spectacular. Just seeing Anna grow as a person was heartwarming. This would be one of the books I take with me if I was going to be stranded on a desert island.
 
 
Sydney is by far one of my favorite characters of ALL time! I think she is one of the strongest characters I have ever read about and she is a true role model. Sydney is smart and organized beyond words. She is the girl that the second she gets home she starts her homework because, she wants to make sure that if something were to happen (like having to run a hungry vampire to a emergency feeding) she would have her homework done no matter what. I wanted to put her on this list because I would love to be as structured as she is. Don't think that this book is about Sydney being a good student. This girl goes through hell and back. I don't want to give you any description BECAUSE this is a spin off to the Vampire Academy books. So giving you ANY detail could be a spoiler. 
 

 
Of course this wouldn't be a good post without talking about the scholar Hermione Granger. She is the equivalent to the perfect student. Any time I don't want to study or do my homework because I feel like I have too much going on I think, what would Hermione Granger do? She is a role model in MANY aspects including giving you all in everything you do, and sadly that does include school and homework.
 
I hope you guys are enjoying these Back to School posts. Let me know if you have a specific Back to School posts you would like to see. You guys know I love hearing your thoughts. Is there a book that I left out that you would want to share? Just leave you thoughts in the comments below =) Happy reading ya'll! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: To All The Boys I Loved Before (Reread)

To All The Boys I've Loved Before  Series: To All The Boys I've Loved Before #1  Author: Jenny Han Published: April 15th, 2014 by Simon & Schuster  Pages: 355 My Rating:  ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ But now that I think about it, that seems to be all I’ve ever wanted. To be somebody’s and for them to be mine.   Even if she doesn't know the last one, Lara Jean is a hopeless romantic, shy, quirky, and strong-willed. When Lara Jean loves someone, she doesn’t tell them but writes them a love letter. It’s easier to play it safe, to let her feelings pour out onto paper. She holds nothing back; why should she? No one will ever see the letters. She stows them away in the safety of her beloved hatbox.     Lara Jean has written five love letters in her life. The letters range from the boy who stole her first kiss to her sister’s ex-boyfriend.   Lara Jean’s love letters are missing. They are no longer in the safety of her hatbox; they’ve been sent out.   Now Lara Jean is forced to face her bigges

Back to School: Percy Jackson Style

As any fangirl or fanboy wherever you go you want to show your love of books. Being lovers of books we are a unique kind. We crush over fictional characters, they become our best friends, when they hurt we hurt. Books are our escape, our passion, our fun, hobby, friend, books are our lives. Pride comes with being a book nerd and it's something you should embrace. These books we love sometimes take over. We love them so much we want to be a part of that world. I wanted to help find ways for you to always feel close to your favorite books and characters. This week I wanted to do Percy Jackson because I mean who doesn't like Percy Jackson?! These outfits are loosely inspired by some of the loved characters from The Percy Jackson series or the book covers. I stayed on pinterest for hours (shocker right?) to find outfits that have simple pieces that you can find in your closet or wouldn't be hard to find for a good price at stores. I also wanted to find outfits that could easil

Of Poseidon

  "Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen-literally, ouch!-both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma's gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom...Told from both Emma and Galen's points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance." I really enjoyed Of Poseidon  so much in fact that I have read it twice. Of Poseidon is the first book in the Syrena series, and this book is full of humor I was laughing from the very first page. The best part of this book was how much I laughed like a crazy person. Emma and Galen keep having strange encounters, and while Galen has an explanation for them, Emma just thinks he's a creepy stalker who wants to sue her for run