Skip to main content

Healthy Reading Snacks

If you are anything like me you love to snack. As I have mentioned on here before I have been working hard to change my eating habits. So here are some healthy snack ideas that you can try next time you are wanting a nice snack to munch on while reading a great book.



Frozen Grapes 
The first one if the easiest. You take grapes, wash them, put them in a freezer friendly container, and then put them in the freezer. I like to leave them in the freezer for at least 3 hours. Over night is best. Quick tip: If you have a soar throat frozen grapes feel AMAZING on your throat. My mom use to make them for me when I had strep throat. 
If you want something sweet but don't want the guilt, this tea is for you. It is rich and chocolaty with a little kick, and no ingredients that are bad for you.  This is a black tea so it has CAFFEINE. In case you cannot see the tea's name it is Numi Indulgent Tea Chocolate Spice 


Zucchini Pizza 
What You need: One Medium Zucchini, Cheese of your choice, Small pepperoni (found in salad isle), Pizza sauce, and the most important part....Italian seasoning. 
I am sure you have seen this on Pinterest, I tried it the first time and did not like it. It was missing something and I couldn't figure it out. Well after many tries I have figured out the simple ingredient that was missing...Italian seasons! (or pizza seasoning they both work great) The number one rule in eating healthy is SPICES they are your best friend. 
Now how to make the pizza bites.
First you want to preheat your oven to 350. After you have preheated your oven, cut your zucchini. I do not cut mine too thick because I feel like it over powers the other ingredients if you do, but it is up to you. After you have cut them lay them on your cooking pan and spread the pizza sauce on the cut up zucchini. Sprinkle a good amount of Italian seasoning on the pizza bites. Now sprinkle on the cheese and top it off with a few pepperonis. Bake until the cheese is melted. As you can see in the picture I like my cheese a little crispy NO JUDGEMENT =)


PRE-MADE SNACK FLAVORED PEANUTS 
Now let's be honest, healthy foods are great, but sometimes you have to make them yourself and most people do not have the time for that! So I wanted to add a snack that you can just pick up from Walmart. Yes Walmart, because I know a lot of you live in small towns and do not have Trader Joe's and other health stores. The closest Trader Joe's to me is like an hour so no thank you!


Oh these are so good y'all don't even know! I like to portion these out and put them in baggies. This way I don't have to worry about over eating. Next time you go to Walmart or the grocery store make sure to check out the snack isle. That is where I found these. Planters and other nut brands are really stepping up their game! I found these and other flavors, as well as pre- portioned nut mixes, and more. 



So there are some of my healthy snack ideas. Let me know what you think of this post. If you guys like it, and it has good feedback I would love to do more of these! Please share your favorite healthy snacks in the comments. 
Happy Reading Y'all, 
Ashley 



Comments

  1. Great post! Diabliss Natural tea is one of the few tea brands that are diabetic friendly.Other tea premixes cannot compare as they either use refined sugar or artificial sweeteners which increase the glycemic index of the product. Diabliss natural Tea can proudly boast that it is one of the few low GI teas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very impressive, you have mentioned very cool points here. Check beatmysugar which is known for his diabetic products, health services and other healthcare knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing article and it is very impressive.
    visit here- Switify

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most informatic Article thanks for sharing.
    Please visit here : https://diabetickart.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: To All The Boys I Loved Before (Reread)

To All The Boys I've Loved Before  Series: To All The Boys I've Loved Before #1  Author: Jenny Han Published: April 15th, 2014 by Simon & Schuster  Pages: 355 My Rating:  ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ But now that I think about it, that seems to be all I’ve ever wanted. To be somebody’s and for them to be mine.   Even if she doesn't know the last one, Lara Jean is a hopeless romantic, shy, quirky, and strong-willed. When Lara Jean loves someone, she doesn’t tell them but writes them a love letter. It’s easier to play it safe, to let her feelings pour out onto paper. She holds nothing back; why should she? No one will ever see the letters. She stows them away in the safety of her beloved hatbox.     Lara Jean has written five love letters in her life. The letters range from the boy who stole her first kiss to her sister’s ex-boyfriend.   Lara Jean’s love letters are missing. They are no longer in the safety of her hatbox; they’ve been sent out.   Now Lara Jean is forced to face her bigges

Back to School: Percy Jackson Style

As any fangirl or fanboy wherever you go you want to show your love of books. Being lovers of books we are a unique kind. We crush over fictional characters, they become our best friends, when they hurt we hurt. Books are our escape, our passion, our fun, hobby, friend, books are our lives. Pride comes with being a book nerd and it's something you should embrace. These books we love sometimes take over. We love them so much we want to be a part of that world. I wanted to help find ways for you to always feel close to your favorite books and characters. This week I wanted to do Percy Jackson because I mean who doesn't like Percy Jackson?! These outfits are loosely inspired by some of the loved characters from The Percy Jackson series or the book covers. I stayed on pinterest for hours (shocker right?) to find outfits that have simple pieces that you can find in your closet or wouldn't be hard to find for a good price at stores. I also wanted to find outfits that could easil

Of Poseidon

  "Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen-literally, ouch!-both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma's gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom...Told from both Emma and Galen's points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance." I really enjoyed Of Poseidon  so much in fact that I have read it twice. Of Poseidon is the first book in the Syrena series, and this book is full of humor I was laughing from the very first page. The best part of this book was how much I laughed like a crazy person. Emma and Galen keep having strange encounters, and while Galen has an explanation for them, Emma just thinks he's a creepy stalker who wants to sue her for run