Skip to main content

Review: Onyx By: Jennifer L. Armentrout


Series: The Lux #2
Average Rating on Goodreads: 4.40
Published: August 14th 2012 By: Entangled Teen
Pages: 366
Favorite Quotes:
“Your mail could've waited." Daemon followed me into the kitchen. "What is it? Just books?"
Grabbing the OJ from the fridge, I sighed. People who didn't heart books didn't understand.”
My Rating 4.5/5 Stars
 
 
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…
 
In the second book of the Lux series things are more series then ever. This book is darker then the first with secrets being held that could destroy friendships and lives we learn that sometimes when we think we are protecting the ones we love we are truly setting ourselves up for self destruction, and end up hurting loved ones worse then we think could ever be possible. This book was still fun to read but because of characters choices I found myself yelling at the book in frustration (yes I talk to my books...no judgment.)
Katy has too much on her plate this time around, and doesn't know how to handle everything. Now being linked to Daemon she finds herself having weird things happening. She wants a drink from the fridge she finds that the container has exploded and a drinking glass in the cabinet shattered. little things like this are occurring more and more everyday. On top of these weird situations she has Daemon trying to prove his love, and she's scared of her feelings for him. Does he really love her or is it just their connection, and how does she over come the hurtful things he has said to her before? Then there is the new boy Blake who seems to like Katy just for her and not because of some weird connection, but what Katy has seemed to have forgotten is not everything is what it seems.
In this book I was frustrated with Katy the most. While trying to protect the ones she loves she is setting everyone up for chaos. I understand why she isn't telling everyone the truth, but its in every book we read when someone keeps IMPORTANT information from others in their group crap goes down. I was waiting for it to explode in Katy's face and boy did it ever. I cant tell you what happens, but it left my mouth open in shock and tears rolling down my face. Don't get me wrong though this didn't make me not like the book because I loved it! I know sometimes getting frustrated with a character can leave you pissed and not wanting to go farther on, but I understood Katy's reasoning's. She had the best intentions but as the reader I knew that she was setting herself up. The frustration I had with this is the only reason I gave this book a 4.5 instead of 5 stars.
Now on to the good stuff or aka Daemon and all his sexy ways! I really started to love Daemon in this book. He was tremendously funny when he was jealous of Blake ( the new boy.) I laughed harder in this book then the first one and didn't think that was going to be possible! Daemon has a sweet, compassionate, caring, and deep side of him that really shines in this book. It was nice to see the sides of Daemon I knew were there hidden under his bad boy persona.
This book really starts the love connection that may be growing between Katy and Daemon. Daemon starts to show Katy how he feels. Katy is still hurt from all the terrible things Daemon had said and done to her in the past, and because of this she fights her feelings for him. She's too afraid of him and getting hurt. She wants a love like her mom and dad had, and she believes Daemon just isn't capable of giving her that kind of love. Even though she fights it she cant deny the chemistry they have and all the sweet things Daemon is doing for her, and boy is he putting it on thick.
I loved this book and it was packed full with shockers, action, romance, and comedy. I have to say this book probably had a more dominant plot and took a more serious feel then the first book. Oh my goodness it has a HUGE cliffhanger that had me buying the third book as soon as I finished the last sentence. I had to know what was going to happen next! Let me know your thoughts, and as always if you have any recommendations let me know =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: To All The Boys I Loved Before (Reread)

To All The Boys I've Loved Before  Series: To All The Boys I've Loved Before #1  Author: Jenny Han Published: April 15th, 2014 by Simon & Schuster  Pages: 355 My Rating:  ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ But now that I think about it, that seems to be all I’ve ever wanted. To be somebody’s and for them to be mine.   Even if she doesn't know the last one, Lara Jean is a hopeless romantic, shy, quirky, and strong-willed. When Lara Jean loves someone, she doesn’t tell them but writes them a love letter. It’s easier to play it safe, to let her feelings pour out onto paper. She holds nothing back; why should she? No one will ever see the letters. She stows them away in the safety of her beloved hatbox.     Lara Jean has written five love letters in her life. The letters range from the boy who stole her first kiss to her sister’s ex-boyfriend.   Lara Jean’s love letters are missing. They are no longer in the safety of her hatbox; they’ve been sent out.   Now Lara Jean is forced to face her bigges

Back to School: Percy Jackson Style

As any fangirl or fanboy wherever you go you want to show your love of books. Being lovers of books we are a unique kind. We crush over fictional characters, they become our best friends, when they hurt we hurt. Books are our escape, our passion, our fun, hobby, friend, books are our lives. Pride comes with being a book nerd and it's something you should embrace. These books we love sometimes take over. We love them so much we want to be a part of that world. I wanted to help find ways for you to always feel close to your favorite books and characters. This week I wanted to do Percy Jackson because I mean who doesn't like Percy Jackson?! These outfits are loosely inspired by some of the loved characters from The Percy Jackson series or the book covers. I stayed on pinterest for hours (shocker right?) to find outfits that have simple pieces that you can find in your closet or wouldn't be hard to find for a good price at stores. I also wanted to find outfits that could easil

Of Poseidon

  "Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen-literally, ouch!-both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma's gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom...Told from both Emma and Galen's points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance." I really enjoyed Of Poseidon  so much in fact that I have read it twice. Of Poseidon is the first book in the Syrena series, and this book is full of humor I was laughing from the very first page. The best part of this book was how much I laughed like a crazy person. Emma and Galen keep having strange encounters, and while Galen has an explanation for them, Emma just thinks he's a creepy stalker who wants to sue her for run