Frostbite Essentials Part 2
Rose talks about how her room is beyond luxurious. She loves the huge bathtub and the deluxe bed that is in the middle of her amazing suite. To go with the luxury of the ski lodge and some fun situations and places Rose and her friends find the perfect way to feel in character in this part of the book is to have a spa day! I will give you some links for some nice spa treatments, and also simple ways you can make your own house look and feel like a high-end spa.
- Now if you want a one stop place this blog has amazing DIY spa recipes. It even has explanations of why the ingredients are good for you.
- I am sure that most of you have heard of the detox bath with Epsom salt, baking soda, and ginger. I have tried this and LOVE it. I do this bath often right before going to bed. I grab my book and soak for as long as I can handle it. I do skip the ginger often because it will make you sweat....ALOT. The ginger really releases the toxins out of your body. Adding essential oils really adds something extra if you have it on hand. Taking deep breaths of relaxing scents like lavender will help calm and relax you. Make sure to drink TONS of water. Best thing about this detox bath is its super cheap, and most likely you already have the ingredients =) I just got the picture off of Pinterest.
- Now if you are doing a book club I think this would be such a cute present for your members to take home. It is like the recipe above but has added sea salt and clay. Yay for free cute pintables!!
- Now if you are like me and have dry skin winter can be a
motherunpleasant experience on your skin. I have started taking a coconut milk bath to help with my dry skin, but when I saw this recipe I knew I had to upgrade my milk bath!
- Now while you are soaking in the bath you can let your hair soak up some needed moister here are ten hair masks to choose from.
- Now that you are squeaky clean you can do your manicure and pedicure. Want to know how to make fun nail designs this link will show you some great nail hacks.
- Now give your feet some love. They are so easily ignored and they hold you up all day, they need some attention. Here is a link with all the steps to give your feet the love they need, and a great DIY foot scrub.
- Now on to spa water. Yes you need to drink plenty of water throughout your spa day to keep hydrated. If you are like me you do not care too much for the taste of regular water. Here is a link for Vanilla Bean Spa Water and it is nice and simple.
Here are simple ways to make your house feel like a high-end spa.
- Plan your spa day, just like you would have to make a reservation at a real spa. Make sure it is a day that you can have all to yourself.
- The day before make it your cleaning day. Have your house cleaned from top to bottom. Bathroom cleaned, bedroom, sheets, and comforter washed.
- If you need any ingredients for your spa day do it the day before as well. This way you do not have to worry about being bummed out on your spa day seeing that you do not have the ingredients for what you were hoping to do
- At the start of the day make sure to make your bed, and put a mint or chocolate on your pillow.
- Have a book ready to be read
- By your bed if you have a relaxing spray, spray it on your pillow to help promote good sleep.
- Candles are great, but they can be expensive and a fire hazard. I recommend the flameless candles. This way you can have them all over the house and not have to worry about checking on them. Putting them around your bathtub is always relaxing.
- Nice fluffy warm towels always nice. Take your towels you will be using and your robe and put them in the dryer right before you take your bath.
- Soft relaxing music playing the background will help you relax.
I hope you guys like this post, let me know if you use any of the spa day treatments!