Skip to main content

Frostbite Essentials Part 2


Rose talks about how her room is beyond luxurious. She loves the huge bathtub and the deluxe bed that is in the middle of her amazing suite.  To go with the luxury of the ski lodge and some fun situations and places Rose and her friends find the perfect way to feel in character in this part of the book is to have a spa day! I will give you some links for some nice spa treatments, and also simple ways you can make your own house look and feel like a high-end spa. 
 
  • Now if you want a one stop place this blog has amazing DIY spa recipes. It even has explanations of why the ingredients are good for you.
  • I am sure that most of you have heard of the detox bath with Epsom salt, baking soda, and ginger. I have tried this and LOVE it. I do this bath often right before going to bed. I grab my book and soak for as long as I can handle it. I do skip the ginger often because it will make you sweat....ALOT. The ginger really releases the toxins out of your body. Adding essential oils really adds something extra if you have it on hand. Taking deep breaths of relaxing scents like lavender will help calm and relax you.  Make sure to drink TONS of water. Best thing about this detox bath is its super cheap, and most likely you already have the ingredients =) I just got the picture off of Pinterest.
  • Now if you are doing a book club I think this would be such a cute present for your members to take home. It is like the recipe above but has added sea salt and clay. Yay for free cute pintables!!
  • Now if you are like me and have dry skin winter can be a mother unpleasant experience on your skin. I have started taking a coconut milk bath to help with my dry skin, but when I saw this recipe I knew I had to upgrade my milk bath!  
  • Now while you are soaking in the bath you can let your hair soak up some needed moister here are ten hair masks to choose from.
  • Now that you are squeaky clean you can do your manicure and pedicure. Want to know how to make fun nail designs this link will show you some great nail hacks.
  • Now give your feet some love. They are so easily ignored and they hold you up all day, they need some attention. Here is a link with all the steps to give your feet the love they need, and a great DIY foot scrub.
  • Now on to spa water. Yes you need to drink plenty of water throughout your spa day to keep hydrated. If you are like me you do not care too much for the taste of regular water. Here is a link for Vanilla Bean Spa Water and it is nice and simple.
Here are simple ways to make your house feel like a high-end spa.
  • Plan your spa day, just like you would have to make a reservation at a real spa. Make sure it is a day that you can have all to yourself.
  • The day before make it your cleaning day. Have your house cleaned from top to bottom. Bathroom cleaned, bedroom, sheets, and comforter washed.
  • If you need any ingredients for your spa day do it the day before as well. This way you do not have to worry about being bummed out on your spa day seeing that you do not have the ingredients for what you were hoping to do
  • At the start of the day make sure to make your bed, and put a mint or chocolate on your pillow.
  • Have a book ready to be read
  • By your bed if you have a relaxing spray, spray it on your pillow to help promote good sleep.
  • Candles are great, but they can be expensive and a fire hazard. I recommend the flameless candles. This way you can have them all over the house and not have to worry about checking on them. Putting them around your bathtub is always relaxing.
  • Nice fluffy warm towels always nice. Take your towels you will be using and your robe and put them in the dryer right before you take your bath.
  • Soft relaxing music playing the background will help you relax.
I hope you guys like this post, let me know if you use any of the spa day treatments!

Comments

  1. This is my favorite! I love nice hot relaxing baths with a good book! Plus these detox baths are no joke! You are not kidding when you say drink TONS of water! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I worked hard on this one. Lol yeah some of those baths are harsh but they work! The ginger will make you sweat so much!!! I always feel amazing after though. I'm glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: To All The Boys I Loved Before (Reread)

To All The Boys I've Loved Before  Series: To All The Boys I've Loved Before #1  Author: Jenny Han Published: April 15th, 2014 by Simon & Schuster  Pages: 355 My Rating:  ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ But now that I think about it, that seems to be all I’ve ever wanted. To be somebody’s and for them to be mine.   Even if she doesn't know the last one, Lara Jean is a hopeless romantic, shy, quirky, and strong-willed. When Lara Jean loves someone, she doesn’t tell them but writes them a love letter. It’s easier to play it safe, to let her feelings pour out onto paper. She holds nothing back; why should she? No one will ever see the letters. She stows them away in the safety of her beloved hatbox.     Lara Jean has written five love letters in her life. The letters range from the boy who stole her first kiss to her sister’s ex-boyfriend.   Lara Jean’s love letters are missing. They are no longer in the safety of her hatbox; they’ve been sent out.   Now Lara Jean is forced to face her bigges

Back to School: Percy Jackson Style

As any fangirl or fanboy wherever you go you want to show your love of books. Being lovers of books we are a unique kind. We crush over fictional characters, they become our best friends, when they hurt we hurt. Books are our escape, our passion, our fun, hobby, friend, books are our lives. Pride comes with being a book nerd and it's something you should embrace. These books we love sometimes take over. We love them so much we want to be a part of that world. I wanted to help find ways for you to always feel close to your favorite books and characters. This week I wanted to do Percy Jackson because I mean who doesn't like Percy Jackson?! These outfits are loosely inspired by some of the loved characters from The Percy Jackson series or the book covers. I stayed on pinterest for hours (shocker right?) to find outfits that have simple pieces that you can find in your closet or wouldn't be hard to find for a good price at stores. I also wanted to find outfits that could easil

Of Poseidon

  "Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen-literally, ouch!-both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma's gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom...Told from both Emma and Galen's points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance." I really enjoyed Of Poseidon  so much in fact that I have read it twice. Of Poseidon is the first book in the Syrena series, and this book is full of humor I was laughing from the very first page. The best part of this book was how much I laughed like a crazy person. Emma and Galen keep having strange encounters, and while Galen has an explanation for them, Emma just thinks he's a creepy stalker who wants to sue her for run