Skip to main content

Review: My Soul To Take


 
Title: My Soul to Take
Series: Soul Screamers #1
Author: Rachel Vincent
Genre: YA Paranormal
Goodreads Overall  rate: 3.91
Pages: 279
Published: October 2nd 2012 by Simon & Schuster
MY RATING: 5/5 STARS
 

IN A NUTSHELL
This was such a fun and unique read!  I loved the loveable ones and I loved how much a disliked the "bad" characters. The concept of this book was profoundly unique and I REALLY wish I would have went into this book blind. I cannot recommend enough that if you do not know what this book is about just take my word for it and go by it right now and DO NOT look at the blurb on the back just read it!!! Sorry I am being forceful, but I promise you will not regret going into this one blind. If you already know what this book is about than don't worry, this book will hold up to everything you are hoping it to be. I loved this book so much that as soon as I finished I went ahead and bout the next THREE audio books because I knew I would want to fly through them!

Sorry guys I am not putting the Goodreads clip in this one because I am sticking to my guns. If you haven't read this book and you haven't heard of it than you really should go into this book blind. At first I was a little hesitant of this book but after reading this first chapter I was sold and I finished this book in a day. Now for me finishing a book in a day is HUGE because I am a messy wife who cannot afford a house cleaner, trying to take care of my parents, going to school full time, and doing student teaching. So the fact that I said to heck with everything I must read this book means a lot. Don't worry though I some how managed to get food on the table, the house was semi clean, and somehow I am doing well in school. The reason being why I loved this book so much is that the paranormal aspect of this book is truly unique. It was so refreshing and I couldn't turn the pages fast enough to find out what turns this book took with the fantastic and creative plot. I enjoyed the romance in this book but it was not the reason why I kept reading this book. In a lot of books I find myself reading the book only to see how the romance between the characters end. This book I was reading because of EVERYTHING! I know this review is short but that is simply because I do not want to give anything away. Please just take my word on this one, go and get this book, do not read the blurb on the back, go home and start the book asap!
Have you guys read this book yet? Please let me know your thoughts down below, and as always let me know if you are a new follower so you can make my day =)
PS: I have already started the second book and it is fantastic!!!!
Happy reading ya'll,
Ashley 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: To All The Boys I Loved Before (Reread)

To All The Boys I've Loved Before  Series: To All The Boys I've Loved Before #1  Author: Jenny Han Published: April 15th, 2014 by Simon & Schuster  Pages: 355 My Rating:  ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ But now that I think about it, that seems to be all I’ve ever wanted. To be somebody’s and for them to be mine.   Even if she doesn't know the last one, Lara Jean is a hopeless romantic, shy, quirky, and strong-willed. When Lara Jean loves someone, she doesn’t tell them but writes them a love letter. It’s easier to play it safe, to let her feelings pour out onto paper. She holds nothing back; why should she? No one will ever see the letters. She stows them away in the safety of her beloved hatbox.     Lara Jean has written five love letters in her life. The letters range from the boy who stole her first kiss to her sister’s ex-boyfriend.   Lara Jean’s love letters are missing. They are no longer in the safety of her hatbox; they’ve been sent out.   Now Lara Jean is forced to face her bigges

Back to School: Percy Jackson Style

As any fangirl or fanboy wherever you go you want to show your love of books. Being lovers of books we are a unique kind. We crush over fictional characters, they become our best friends, when they hurt we hurt. Books are our escape, our passion, our fun, hobby, friend, books are our lives. Pride comes with being a book nerd and it's something you should embrace. These books we love sometimes take over. We love them so much we want to be a part of that world. I wanted to help find ways for you to always feel close to your favorite books and characters. This week I wanted to do Percy Jackson because I mean who doesn't like Percy Jackson?! These outfits are loosely inspired by some of the loved characters from The Percy Jackson series or the book covers. I stayed on pinterest for hours (shocker right?) to find outfits that have simple pieces that you can find in your closet or wouldn't be hard to find for a good price at stores. I also wanted to find outfits that could easil

Of Poseidon

  "Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen-literally, ouch!-both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma's gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom...Told from both Emma and Galen's points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance." I really enjoyed Of Poseidon  so much in fact that I have read it twice. Of Poseidon is the first book in the Syrena series, and this book is full of humor I was laughing from the very first page. The best part of this book was how much I laughed like a crazy person. Emma and Galen keep having strange encounters, and while Galen has an explanation for them, Emma just thinks he's a creepy stalker who wants to sue her for run