Skip to main content

Review: Wicked


Title: Wicked
Series: A Wicked Sage #1
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Goodreads Rating: 4.12

Published: December 8th 2014
Pages: 371
Favorite Quote: "Oh my God, I....I almost got run over by a moped" I said, turning my bewildered stare back on Ren. "That would've been so embarrassing to be taken out by one of them." His lips twitched as his striking features softened. "good thing you have me around, saving you from reckless drivers." You're a hero" I replied."
My Rating: 4.75/5 Stars
 
In A Nut Shell
This story was fabulous with some VERY sexy sexy time so be warned this is a new adult book. I loved the risks that she took with this book and think they paid off. I loved that the main male role that was a gentleman who yes could make Ivy blush with some things he said, but he never once acted like an ass to her and wouldn't let anyone mistreat her either. We need more male roles with these characteristics. Sadly there was one "twist" that was so obvious I had no choice but to deduct some points from my rating, but don't let that scare you. There was a twist that was so epic it made me need the second book like I need air.
 
Things are about to get Wicked in New Orleans.

Twenty-two year old Ivy Morgan isn’t your average college student. She, and others like her, know humans aren’t the only thing trolling the French Quarter for fun… and for food. Her duty to the Order is her life. After all, four years ago, she lost everything at the hands of the creatures she’d sworn to hunt, tearing her world and her heart apart.

Ren Owens is the last person Ivy expected to enter her rigidly controlled life. He’s six feet and three inches of temptation and swoon-inducing charm. With forest-green eyes and a smile that’s surely left a stream of broken hearts in its wake, he has an uncanny, almost unnatural ability to make her yearn for everything he has to offer. But letting him in is as dangerous as hunting the cold-blooded killers stalking the streets. Losing the boy she loved once before had nearly destroyed her, but the sparking tension that grows between them becomes impossible for Ivy to deny. Deep down, she wants… she needs more than what her duty demands of her, what her past has shaped for her.

But as Ivy grows closer to Ren, she realizes she’s not the only one carrying secrets that could shatter the frail bond between them. There’s something he’s not telling her, and one thing is for certain. She’s no longer sure what is more dangerous to her—the ancient beings threatening to take over the town or the man demanding to lay claim to her heart and her soul.

 
I feel like I can almost say "This book was written by Jennifer L. Armentrout" and that should be enough to make you want to go and buy this book. This book was no exception when it came to the amazing writing and creative story telling JLA proceeds to do with all her books. I was sucked in to the way of life in New Orleans and the peculiar life that Ivy lives the second I opened this books. There was action, plenty of witty comedy, betrayal, vivid descriptions of New Orleans, and of course romance.
I feel like this is one book that JLA really upped her sexy times in. This book is definitely a little more risqué then the other first books in her previous series, but I am not complaining. I loved that she went with more risks in this first book and they were SEXY sexy times. This is coming from a woman who does not like trashy novels that are nothing but meaningless sex and things of that nature. So if I scared you don't be JLA has a way of making her scene extremely hot but classic.
Ren is a great male lead who is not thank goodness an ass. Don't get me wrong  I love a bad boy in a book, but sometimes it just gets old. I think that there needs to be more books that have strong and gentleman like lead male characters, and that is exactly what Ren is. He can kick some major butt and still be a gentleman to Ivy. Now do not get me wrong he can say things to make her blush, but he never talks down to her and does not let anyone else either. He isn't hot and cold, he tells it like it is, and there are no games with him. THIS IS SO REFRESHING!!!!!!
Now you may be wondering why I have gave this book a 4.75 since I raved about it so much. Well in all honesty there were some things that played out that sadly were very easy to figure out, and that saddened me since JLA is extremely good at throwing her readers through major loops. There was one scenario that the entire time. It got so bad at some points that I simply thought she wrote it that way to make me think that it was so obviously going to happen a certain way that I would laugh at myself for thinking that she would make something so obvious. I was sadly mistaken and was really disappointed. I will say though there was one scenario that hit me like bricks that I didn't see coming and made me NEED the second book like I needed air.
 
Tell me your thoughts on this book. Have you read it or plan on it? Do you agree that we need more male characters like Ren? Let me know in the comments below =)
Happy reading Ya'll!








 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: To All The Boys I Loved Before (Reread)

To All The Boys I've Loved Before  Series: To All The Boys I've Loved Before #1  Author: Jenny Han Published: April 15th, 2014 by Simon & Schuster  Pages: 355 My Rating:  ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ But now that I think about it, that seems to be all I’ve ever wanted. To be somebody’s and for them to be mine.   Even if she doesn't know the last one, Lara Jean is a hopeless romantic, shy, quirky, and strong-willed. When Lara Jean loves someone, she doesn’t tell them but writes them a love letter. It’s easier to play it safe, to let her feelings pour out onto paper. She holds nothing back; why should she? No one will ever see the letters. She stows them away in the safety of her beloved hatbox.     Lara Jean has written five love letters in her life. The letters range from the boy who stole her first kiss to her sister’s ex-boyfriend.   Lara Jean’s love letters are missing. They are no longer in the safety of her hatbox; they’ve been sent out.   Now Lara Jean is forced to face her bigges

Back to School: Percy Jackson Style

As any fangirl or fanboy wherever you go you want to show your love of books. Being lovers of books we are a unique kind. We crush over fictional characters, they become our best friends, when they hurt we hurt. Books are our escape, our passion, our fun, hobby, friend, books are our lives. Pride comes with being a book nerd and it's something you should embrace. These books we love sometimes take over. We love them so much we want to be a part of that world. I wanted to help find ways for you to always feel close to your favorite books and characters. This week I wanted to do Percy Jackson because I mean who doesn't like Percy Jackson?! These outfits are loosely inspired by some of the loved characters from The Percy Jackson series or the book covers. I stayed on pinterest for hours (shocker right?) to find outfits that have simple pieces that you can find in your closet or wouldn't be hard to find for a good price at stores. I also wanted to find outfits that could easil

Of Poseidon

  "Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen-literally, ouch!-both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma's gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom...Told from both Emma and Galen's points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance." I really enjoyed Of Poseidon  so much in fact that I have read it twice. Of Poseidon is the first book in the Syrena series, and this book is full of humor I was laughing from the very first page. The best part of this book was how much I laughed like a crazy person. Emma and Galen keep having strange encounters, and while Galen has an explanation for them, Emma just thinks he's a creepy stalker who wants to sue her for run