Skip to main content

Review: Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas


Series: #4 Throne of Glass series
Overall Rating on Goodreads: 4.63!!!!!
Published: September 2nd 2014 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Pages: 565
MY RATING 5/5 STARS
 
 
Lost and broken, Celaena Sardothien’s only thought is to avenge the savage death of her dearest friend: as the King of Adarlan’s Assassin, she is bound to serve this tyrant, but he will pay for what he did. Any hope Celaena has of destroying the king lies in answers to be found in Wendlyn. Sacrificing his future, Chaol, the Captain of the King’s Guard, has sent Celaena there to protect her, but her darkest demons lay in that same place. If she can overcome them, she will be Adarlan’s biggest threat – and his own toughest enemy.

While Celaena learns of her true destiny, and the eyes of Erilea are on Wendlyn, a brutal and beastly force is preparing to take to the skies. Will Celaena find the strength not only to win her own battles, but to fight a war that could pit her loyalties to her own people against those she has grown to love?
 
First off can I say that this book has one of the highest ratings on Goodreads that I have ever seen? Also I have not heard ONE person say they didn't like this book, and there is a great reason for that because this book is EPIC!!!!! So many questions are answered in this one. I don't want to give too much a way in case someone is reading this who has not read the first two books. Lets be honest we all do it at some point. I loved the world building in this book because it not only gives us extraordinary details, but it also answers a lot of questions that were left unexplained in the first two books. HOLY CRAP were things intense when we learn We get to see so much more of the true Celaene and not just scratch the surface. I always loved Celaene but now I feel like I understand her and know the true her. She finds herself and we get to take part of that journey which is EPIC in case you were wondering. BEST CHARACTER GROWTH EVER, and not just from Celaene. There were old characters that we all have grown to love. They get their own spots in the spotlight in this book which I enjoyed. It was nice to see them as individuals and not just what they are to Celaene. We get to see their true feelings, beliefs, and their own problems.
There are new characters that were introduced and every single one of them were fantastic. These characters are so well developed that you love to love them or love to hate them. There is not one character that was introduced that felt not needed which happens often in books.
This is a huge book and you guys have heard before how I feel sometimes with big books. I will feel overwhelmed with all the information the book gives me, I feel like I will forget something important. I will feel like I will never finish the book and end up feeling discouraged. I DID NOT feel that way with this book because I flew through it. I was shocked at how fantastic this book was. How do these books keep getting better and better? If you are scared this book will disappoint you don't. You will love this book just as much as I do.
Make sure to let me know you thoughts on this book =)
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: To All The Boys I Loved Before (Reread)

To All The Boys I've Loved Before  Series: To All The Boys I've Loved Before #1  Author: Jenny Han Published: April 15th, 2014 by Simon & Schuster  Pages: 355 My Rating:  ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ But now that I think about it, that seems to be all I’ve ever wanted. To be somebody’s and for them to be mine.   Even if she doesn't know the last one, Lara Jean is a hopeless romantic, shy, quirky, and strong-willed. When Lara Jean loves someone, she doesn’t tell them but writes them a love letter. It’s easier to play it safe, to let her feelings pour out onto paper. She holds nothing back; why should she? No one will ever see the letters. She stows them away in the safety of her beloved hatbox.     Lara Jean has written five love letters in her life. The letters range from the boy who stole her first kiss to her sister’s ex-boyfriend.   Lara Jean’s love letters are missing. They are no longer in the safety of her hatbox; they’ve been sent out.   Now Lara Jean is forced to face her bigges

Back to School: Percy Jackson Style

As any fangirl or fanboy wherever you go you want to show your love of books. Being lovers of books we are a unique kind. We crush over fictional characters, they become our best friends, when they hurt we hurt. Books are our escape, our passion, our fun, hobby, friend, books are our lives. Pride comes with being a book nerd and it's something you should embrace. These books we love sometimes take over. We love them so much we want to be a part of that world. I wanted to help find ways for you to always feel close to your favorite books and characters. This week I wanted to do Percy Jackson because I mean who doesn't like Percy Jackson?! These outfits are loosely inspired by some of the loved characters from The Percy Jackson series or the book covers. I stayed on pinterest for hours (shocker right?) to find outfits that have simple pieces that you can find in your closet or wouldn't be hard to find for a good price at stores. I also wanted to find outfits that could easil

Review: Becoming Alpha by Aileen Erin

Title: Becoming Alpha  Author: Aileen Erin  Genre: Paranormal Fantasy  Pages: 267 Goodreads Overall Rating: 4.11 Published:  December 17th, 2013 by Ink Monster, LLC   My Rating:  I can’t do that. I can’t turn my emotions off and on like that. I’m either all in or all out. And if you can’t do that—if I don’t come first, then for God’s sake, leave me alone. Becoming Alpha is the true definition of YA paranormal fantasy and I devoured it. Erin took troupes that are known in YA and ran with them in fun, plausible, and exciting ways while taking her own spin on them. I sped through this book and right after I downloaded the next book in the series because I couldn't wait for the two-day shipping of the physical book.  At the beginning of the book, we meet our main character Tessa and her family. Tessa has an unusual gift and it has marked her as the odd girl out at and causing her to feel isolated. With her family wanting to give her a sense o