Skip to main content

Review: Of Triton by Anna Banks


 
 
 
 
 
Series: They Syrena Legacy #2
 
Average Rating on Goodreads: 4.05
 
Published: May 28th 2013 by Feiwel & friends
 
Pages: Hardcover, 246
 
Source: The hubby bought it for me =)
 
 
Favorite quote: “My dad always told me that holding a grudge is like swallowing poison and expecting the other person to die.”

Goodreads


  

"In this sequel to OF POSEIDON, Emma has just learned that her mother is a long-lost Poseidon princess, and now struggles with an identity crisis: As a Half-Breed, she’s a freak in the human world and an abomination in the Syrena realm below. Syrena law states that all Half- Breeds should be put to death.

As if that’s not bad enough, her mother’s reappearance among the Syrena turns the two kingdoms—Poseidon and Triton—against one another. Which leaves Emma with a decision to make: Should she comply with Galen’s request to keep herself safe and just hope for the best? Or should she risk it all and reveal herself—and her Gift—to save a people she’s never known?"


I really enjoyed Of Triton and thought overall it was a great book. I loved how the characters grew and learned how to overcome obstacles and boy were there some obstacles. I felt so sorry for these character because everything under the sun....and the sea (get it, get it??? I made a funny) was thrown at them. Every character learned their own lesson on trust and love. It was nice to really see who Nola and Grom truly are. This book was more action, drama, and all together more serious than Of Poseidon and even though it was a great book I did not enjoy it like I did Of Poseidon. I sadly had problems with this book and even though I did enjoy it I feel the need to tell you the whole truth and that includes the issues I had with it.
I understand the second book needed to be more serious but it almost seemed like a book from a different series. Of Poseidon was hysterically funny, the romance was precious, and could be described as a feel good beachy read. Then I read Of Triton and there wasn't really any funny moments, the romance was still there but not the sweet feel good kind of romance which was sadly disappointing to me. So in a nut shell you go from a beachy book to a faster pace drama. These types of books are great but do they go together?
For me this is a hard book to review because of it being so different than the first. When I heard there is a 3rd book coming out I almost.....cringed. I know that sounds awful but I feel like if this series is so disconnected already then what will a third book do to it? Have you read Of Triton do you have the same feelings as I do? Will you be reading the third book? I can honestly say I have no clue if I will read the third book or not. I may just reread Of Poseidon again and pretend it is a beautiful wonderful stand alone.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: To All The Boys I Loved Before (Reread)

To All The Boys I've Loved Before  Series: To All The Boys I've Loved Before #1  Author: Jenny Han Published: April 15th, 2014 by Simon & Schuster  Pages: 355 My Rating:  ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ But now that I think about it, that seems to be all I’ve ever wanted. To be somebody’s and for them to be mine.   Even if she doesn't know the last one, Lara Jean is a hopeless romantic, shy, quirky, and strong-willed. When Lara Jean loves someone, she doesn’t tell them but writes them a love letter. It’s easier to play it safe, to let her feelings pour out onto paper. She holds nothing back; why should she? No one will ever see the letters. She stows them away in the safety of her beloved hatbox.     Lara Jean has written five love letters in her life. The letters range from the boy who stole her first kiss to her sister’s ex-boyfriend.   Lara Jean’s love letters are missing. They are no longer in the safety of her hatbox; they’ve been sent out.   Now Lara Jean is forced to face her bigges

Back to School: Percy Jackson Style

As any fangirl or fanboy wherever you go you want to show your love of books. Being lovers of books we are a unique kind. We crush over fictional characters, they become our best friends, when they hurt we hurt. Books are our escape, our passion, our fun, hobby, friend, books are our lives. Pride comes with being a book nerd and it's something you should embrace. These books we love sometimes take over. We love them so much we want to be a part of that world. I wanted to help find ways for you to always feel close to your favorite books and characters. This week I wanted to do Percy Jackson because I mean who doesn't like Percy Jackson?! These outfits are loosely inspired by some of the loved characters from The Percy Jackson series or the book covers. I stayed on pinterest for hours (shocker right?) to find outfits that have simple pieces that you can find in your closet or wouldn't be hard to find for a good price at stores. I also wanted to find outfits that could easil

Of Poseidon

  "Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen-literally, ouch!-both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma's gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom...Told from both Emma and Galen's points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance." I really enjoyed Of Poseidon  so much in fact that I have read it twice. Of Poseidon is the first book in the Syrena series, and this book is full of humor I was laughing from the very first page. The best part of this book was how much I laughed like a crazy person. Emma and Galen keep having strange encounters, and while Galen has an explanation for them, Emma just thinks he's a creepy stalker who wants to sue her for run