Skip to main content

Review: The Return by Jennifer L. Armentrout



Series; The Return (Titian #1)
Author: (The amazing) Jennifer L. Armentrout
Overall Goodreads Rating: 4.35
Genre: New Adult Paranormal
Pages: 335
Published: February 16th 2015 by Spencer Hill Press
MY OVERALL RATING: 5/5 STARS 



IN A NUTSHELL
I was NOT  a Seth fan at all! In fact, this is the only JLA book I ever put off readings simply because I did not know if I would like it. (I literally cringed writing that sentence.) However, I gave it a try.....SO GLAD I DID! This book was everything I enjoy about JLA's books. There was humor, action, and GREAT sexy moments. In this book JLA shows us how great of a writer she is, by showing us a side of Seth I would have never imagined. If you are on the fence about this book like I was, just jump that fence friend...you can thank me later. SO Seth fan or not I HIGHLY recommend this book. BUT YOU REALLY NEED TO READ THE COVENANT SERIES FIRST!!! 


"The Fates are cackling their bony asses off…

It’s been a year since Seth made the deal with the gods that pledged his life to them. And so far, the jobs they’ve given him have been violent and bloody–which is kind of all right with him. But now Apollo has something else in mind for Seth. He’s got to play protector while keeping his hands and fingers off, and for someone who really has a problem with restraint, this new assignment might be the most challenging yet.

Josie has no idea what this crazy hot guy’s deal might be, but it’s a good bet that his arrival means the new life she started after leaving home is about to be thrown into an Olympian-sized blender turned up to puree. Either Josie is going insane or a nightmare straight out of ancient myth is gunning for her.

But it might be the unlikely attraction simmering between her and the golden-eyed, secret-keeping Seth that may prove to be the most dangerous thing of all.

Because history has once again been flipped to repeat.

Book 1 in the new adult paranormal TITAN series, spin-off to the best selling COVENANT series."

I just cannot get over the fact that Armentrout made me like Seth. I use like loosely, it is more like he is on a probation trial with me. The fact that I am even giving him a chance is saying something about Armentrout's writing because I HATED him in the Covenant series. I mean he was right up there with Voldemort not even gonna lie. 
So this is how uncomfortable I was starting this book, 

via GIPHY



But then I read this book, and Armentrout explains his upbringing and shows us all these elements to the old Seth, and what the new Seth may become. I also had to stop myself and tell myself that he is actually a fictional character, and just maybe I could be easier on him than I would someone in real life.  I just enjoyed this book so much, and I am kicking myself for waiting so long to read it. 
In this book we meet a new character Josie who I LOVED. She was sweet and while she was looked at by others to be weak she was the complete opposite. I love female characters in Armentrout's books because she always makes sure they show us what girls can really do! 
We get to see a few familiar faces and it was SO nice! It truly made me cry to see some of these characters, and see where they are now.  This book has the same feeling as the Covenant series, but a little more on the older side. So you can expect more cussing and more secy moments, but I'm not complaining. It was so nice to be back in this world, and I will be reading the next book in the series for sure. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: To All The Boys I Loved Before (Reread)

To All The Boys I've Loved Before  Series: To All The Boys I've Loved Before #1  Author: Jenny Han Published: April 15th, 2014 by Simon & Schuster  Pages: 355 My Rating:  ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ But now that I think about it, that seems to be all I’ve ever wanted. To be somebody’s and for them to be mine.   Even if she doesn't know the last one, Lara Jean is a hopeless romantic, shy, quirky, and strong-willed. When Lara Jean loves someone, she doesn’t tell them but writes them a love letter. It’s easier to play it safe, to let her feelings pour out onto paper. She holds nothing back; why should she? No one will ever see the letters. She stows them away in the safety of her beloved hatbox.     Lara Jean has written five love letters in her life. The letters range from the boy who stole her first kiss to her sister’s ex-boyfriend.   Lara Jean’s love letters are missing. They are no longer in the safety of her hatbox; they’ve been sent out.   Now Lara Jean is forced to face her bigges

Back to School: Percy Jackson Style

As any fangirl or fanboy wherever you go you want to show your love of books. Being lovers of books we are a unique kind. We crush over fictional characters, they become our best friends, when they hurt we hurt. Books are our escape, our passion, our fun, hobby, friend, books are our lives. Pride comes with being a book nerd and it's something you should embrace. These books we love sometimes take over. We love them so much we want to be a part of that world. I wanted to help find ways for you to always feel close to your favorite books and characters. This week I wanted to do Percy Jackson because I mean who doesn't like Percy Jackson?! These outfits are loosely inspired by some of the loved characters from The Percy Jackson series or the book covers. I stayed on pinterest for hours (shocker right?) to find outfits that have simple pieces that you can find in your closet or wouldn't be hard to find for a good price at stores. I also wanted to find outfits that could easil

Of Poseidon

  "Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen-literally, ouch!-both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma's gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom...Told from both Emma and Galen's points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance." I really enjoyed Of Poseidon  so much in fact that I have read it twice. Of Poseidon is the first book in the Syrena series, and this book is full of humor I was laughing from the very first page. The best part of this book was how much I laughed like a crazy person. Emma and Galen keep having strange encounters, and while Galen has an explanation for them, Emma just thinks he's a creepy stalker who wants to sue her for run