Skip to main content

Top Books I Read in 2015

These are my favorites reads of 2015. These books are books that I read in 2015, not books that were published in 2015. I wanted to do something different, so I made my list in categories. 

AUDIO BOOKS:


I raved about the narrator of this book in my review. She truly made the characters come alive. This is one of those books that I wanted to reread it right after I fished it. This was my first Holly Black book, and now I know why so many people love her writing. 

This is the BEST audio book I have ever listened to! I have never heard a narrator who put so much emotion into her work. I honestly believed at times that she was hurt and in pain. Other times it sounded like she was truly crying. It was FANTASTIC!!!! The story in this book has something for everyone. Drama, action, love, suspense, everything. THIS IS THE BEST DEBUT BOOK OF THE YEAR FOR ME. 
Here is the thing about this book, I did not like the first book in this series.....at all. I know everyone loved it and raved about it, and I just could not get into it for the life of me. Then this book came out, and people who I trust their taste in books loved this book and recommended it. I cannot tell you how happy I am that I gave this book a chance! I fell into this world, from the first page i was hooked. The writing was beautiful, the world building was magical, and the main character was strong and independent. This book was perfection and gave me a new perspective of the author. 

BOOKS BY FAVORITE AUTHORS
When this book came out I cleared my schedule. I wanted to be able to do nothing but read this book. I devoured it! If you have been following my blog for awhile then you know my love for SJM is real. I really enjoyed seeing the world she built. Now everyone knows that she is not a one series wonder. She has so many creative and unique ideas. I cannot wait to see where this series goes. 
Here is a confession on this book, I was so excited for this book that I bought the actual book AND the audio book. I wanted to be reading it every second of the day. If I had time I would read the book, if I had to clean or run to the grocery store, I would listen to it. I just LOVED these books. The family dynamic is what did it for me in the first book, and while the family dynamic was still amazing in this second book, the love story got me this time. I just loved watching the characters grow and realize that not everything about love is black and white. 
BEST FUN READS (get you over a reading slump reads) 
This series is the best for a reading slump. They are fun, sexy, lighthearted, not hard to follow, angsty, everything you love from a great YA read. 
This is what would happen if the Lux series was an adult series. Oh how I LOVED this book. It was a fun take on the Lux series, and it was sexy......very sexy. Basically if you are not an adult I do not recommend you reading it. There are a lot of sexy times in this book, and they are very very detailed. If you loved the Lux series, and you are interested in new adult, this book is for you. 
BEST SUMMER READ 
There is not anything else to say about this book besides I LOVED it. Everything about this book was perfection. 
BEST END TO A SERIES

I am not going to go into detail since it was the last book in the series, but it was fantastic. 
BEST FINISHED TRILOGY 
I know a lot of people did not like this trilogy, but I LOVED it!! I marathon this trilogy and it was solely because I HAD to know what happened next. I can understand why people got frustrated with our main character, but I enjoyed how she was flawed. 

OLDIE BUT A GOODIE 
I was fascinated with this world and the power our main character had. This book showed me why everyone loves Snyder's writing. I plan on reading more of her books in 2016.

What were some of you favorite books of 2015? Let me know in the comments, or if you have made a post about it leave your link! 
P.S. I AM GOING TO DO A GIVEAWAY IN MY NEXT POST SO LOOK OUT FOR THAT! 
happy reading y'all, 
Ashley 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: To All The Boys I Loved Before (Reread)

To All The Boys I've Loved Before  Series: To All The Boys I've Loved Before #1  Author: Jenny Han Published: April 15th, 2014 by Simon & Schuster  Pages: 355 My Rating:  ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ But now that I think about it, that seems to be all I’ve ever wanted. To be somebody’s and for them to be mine.   Even if she doesn't know the last one, Lara Jean is a hopeless romantic, shy, quirky, and strong-willed. When Lara Jean loves someone, she doesn’t tell them but writes them a love letter. It’s easier to play it safe, to let her feelings pour out onto paper. She holds nothing back; why should she? No one will ever see the letters. She stows them away in the safety of her beloved hatbox.     Lara Jean has written five love letters in her life. The letters range from the boy who stole her first kiss to her sister’s ex-boyfriend.   Lara Jean’s love letters are missing. They are no longer in the safety of her hatbox; they’ve been sent out.   Now Lara Jean is forced to face her bigges

Back to School: Percy Jackson Style

As any fangirl or fanboy wherever you go you want to show your love of books. Being lovers of books we are a unique kind. We crush over fictional characters, they become our best friends, when they hurt we hurt. Books are our escape, our passion, our fun, hobby, friend, books are our lives. Pride comes with being a book nerd and it's something you should embrace. These books we love sometimes take over. We love them so much we want to be a part of that world. I wanted to help find ways for you to always feel close to your favorite books and characters. This week I wanted to do Percy Jackson because I mean who doesn't like Percy Jackson?! These outfits are loosely inspired by some of the loved characters from The Percy Jackson series or the book covers. I stayed on pinterest for hours (shocker right?) to find outfits that have simple pieces that you can find in your closet or wouldn't be hard to find for a good price at stores. I also wanted to find outfits that could easil

Review: Becoming Alpha by Aileen Erin

Title: Becoming Alpha  Author: Aileen Erin  Genre: Paranormal Fantasy  Pages: 267 Goodreads Overall Rating: 4.11 Published:  December 17th, 2013 by Ink Monster, LLC   My Rating:  I can’t do that. I can’t turn my emotions off and on like that. I’m either all in or all out. And if you can’t do that—if I don’t come first, then for God’s sake, leave me alone. Becoming Alpha is the true definition of YA paranormal fantasy and I devoured it. Erin took troupes that are known in YA and ran with them in fun, plausible, and exciting ways while taking her own spin on them. I sped through this book and right after I downloaded the next book in the series because I couldn't wait for the two-day shipping of the physical book.  At the beginning of the book, we meet our main character Tessa and her family. Tessa has an unusual gift and it has marked her as the odd girl out at and causing her to feel isolated. With her family wanting to give her a sense o