Skip to main content

Tea Talk: YA Christmas Books, Mood Reading, and Teaching


First of all, I am so happy to be back! As some of you know I have been reading ALOT of children lit for one class.....and when I say a lot I mean 18 books in 3 months. I also had to nit pick them all, write lesson plans for them, and then teach on some of them. While teaching is such a blessing and a gift, it is also beyond time consuming. Since my blog is mostly on YA books I did not want to fill this blog up on teaching ideas on children books.
Although, if every now and then you want a feature on children books that I liked and did not like, let me know and I can make it happen!
Now, on to the good stuff! I feel like this is the time of year I get to read a lot. Thanksgiving break, Christmas breaks, snow days etc. During this time of year I get into mood reading, but my mood seems to not fit a category YA can help me with. I get in the mood to read CHRISTMAS books, winter romances, warm happy books that take place during winter. Basically I want a Hallmark movie in YA book form. Yes I have read "My True Love Gave to Me", and I LOVE the short stories, but a girl can only read it so many times. I have ventured out and read adult Christmas books, and the books have been okay, but they are missing the YA feel I love.
Why do you think there is not many YA Christmas books? I understand that culture and religion play a roll, but that has not stopped the children and adult categories from publishing multiple Christmas books. Obviously there are some amazing YA authors who do not have a problem writing Christmas books, since there were 12 VERY popular authors who wrote short Christmas stories in "My True Love Gave to Me."
So what am I suppose to do when I cannot fix my mood, because there are not many Christmas YA books to read? Am I missing some great YA Christmas books that are not on my radar? If you know any great FLUFFY YA Christmas books then please share! Am I the only one that wishes there were more Christmas reads for us YA book lovers?
So in a nutshell, here are the questions I have for you; Do you want a feature on here about children books, if so what specific things would you like to see on the feature? Am I the only one that gets in the mood for Christmas YA? Lastly, do you know of any great, fluffy, YA Christmas reads that you can share in the comments below?
I cannot tell you how great it feels to be writing on here again. I have truly felt like a piece of me was missing. These past few months have shown me how important this blog is to me. So do not worry I will not go on a break from this blog again, I am back, and not going anywhere =)
Happy Reading Y'all,
Ashley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: To All The Boys I Loved Before (Reread)

To All The Boys I've Loved Before  Series: To All The Boys I've Loved Before #1  Author: Jenny Han Published: April 15th, 2014 by Simon & Schuster  Pages: 355 My Rating:  ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ But now that I think about it, that seems to be all I’ve ever wanted. To be somebody’s and for them to be mine.   Even if she doesn't know the last one, Lara Jean is a hopeless romantic, shy, quirky, and strong-willed. When Lara Jean loves someone, she doesn’t tell them but writes them a love letter. It’s easier to play it safe, to let her feelings pour out onto paper. She holds nothing back; why should she? No one will ever see the letters. She stows them away in the safety of her beloved hatbox.     Lara Jean has written five love letters in her life. The letters range from the boy who stole her first kiss to her sister’s ex-boyfriend.   Lara Jean’s love letters are missing. They are no longer in the safety of her hatbox; they’ve been sent out.   Now Lara Jean is forced to face her bigges

Back to School: Percy Jackson Style

As any fangirl or fanboy wherever you go you want to show your love of books. Being lovers of books we are a unique kind. We crush over fictional characters, they become our best friends, when they hurt we hurt. Books are our escape, our passion, our fun, hobby, friend, books are our lives. Pride comes with being a book nerd and it's something you should embrace. These books we love sometimes take over. We love them so much we want to be a part of that world. I wanted to help find ways for you to always feel close to your favorite books and characters. This week I wanted to do Percy Jackson because I mean who doesn't like Percy Jackson?! These outfits are loosely inspired by some of the loved characters from The Percy Jackson series or the book covers. I stayed on pinterest for hours (shocker right?) to find outfits that have simple pieces that you can find in your closet or wouldn't be hard to find for a good price at stores. I also wanted to find outfits that could easil

Of Poseidon

  "Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen-literally, ouch!-both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma's gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom...Told from both Emma and Galen's points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance." I really enjoyed Of Poseidon  so much in fact that I have read it twice. Of Poseidon is the first book in the Syrena series, and this book is full of humor I was laughing from the very first page. The best part of this book was how much I laughed like a crazy person. Emma and Galen keep having strange encounters, and while Galen has an explanation for them, Emma just thinks he's a creepy stalker who wants to sue her for run