Skip to main content

Valentines Day Date Ideas for Book Lovers

I am so excited to start my Valentines series today! I have so many ideas centering around books and Valentines day. The first post in this series of course if date ideas. This way it gives you time to plan and save up!

First I have to use my husbands idea!

  • HARRY POTTER THEMED PROM/DINNER

Last year for Valentines day he surprised me with a Harry Potter themed "Prom" When I walked in there was a owl balloon with a note attached with it. The note was asking me to prom, and told me to change into a nice dress. When I got to the closet he had instructions telling me to go to the basement when I was ready, and the pictures tell the rest of the story.
He made the recipes from the Harry Potter cookbook. He also had brooms and wands. 

This had to be my favorite part. Nice and simple but so creative and added the perfect touch! 








  • Rewrite a story: If you both are into a certain book talk about different ways it could had ended. Grab a big pot of coffee or tea and just sit there discussing it. You do not have to actually write it. Just talking to one another and seeing how the other ones mind works can be fun and fascinating. This isn't a every day topic so you may be surprised to see how creative the other one may be. 
  • Fan fiction: If the ideas are pretty interesting that you and your partner came up with, and one of you likes to write than why not make fan fiction and post it online! It will be fun to see how many likes your fiction gets, and it could lead to a new hobby for you two to do together. 
  • Pick a book that takes place in a part of the world that you would both like to travel to. Go to the bookstore and get travel guides and plan a future trip together. You can always start a Pinterest board and google if you do not want to go out, because lets face it, EVERYWHERE is crowded on V-day and it can be stressful.
  • Pick books out for one another and wrap them, because who doesn't like to open presents? You can set a price, genre, author, etc. You can make it as easy or creative as you like. Once you pick out the book, get a small gift that goes along with the book. 
  • Recreate a romantic scene from a book
  • Donate books together: Donate old books, or go to your local bookstore and pick out children books. Take the books to local school libraries.
  • Check out your local indie bookstores: Alot of indie bookstores work hard just to keep their doors open. One way they do this is by having social events. Your local bookstore may have a V-day special going on. I know of some that are having wine and book events! 
  • Have a book themed dinner 
  • Make bookish themed drinks together
  • Read a book together that has been turned into a movie. Look on goodreads for top rated book to movie adaptations and see what appeals to BOTH of you. Once you have the book decided pick a date to have the book finished. Have a nice dinner planned, and maybe add some of the foods mentioned in the book, if there are foods mentioned. talk about the book over dinner and then watch the movie. 
  • Book signing: I understand that there probably is not any book signings on v-day BUT you can always celebrate your love on a specific day. There are many YA book signings going on in February such as ApollyCon I know that there is a waiting list, but Chris and I signed up for it, and we got tickets within days! It is worth the chance trust me! 
  •  Dress up: Dress up as your favorite character. No, you do not have to go crazy! You do not have to wear a cape or blades to channel your favorite character. Most characters will wear something simple or maybe an outfit that catches their love interests eye. Choose that outfit to be inspired by. 
  • Book themed board games: There are so many different types of book themed board games to choose from. You can find some at Walmart, Books-a-Million, Barnes and Noble etc. 

I hope that these ideas inspire you to have a book themed Valentines day! Let me know what you think of the ideas, and if you have any ideas to add PLEASE add them in the comments below. As always if you are a new follower please let me know, it always makes my day! I hope you are having a wonderful day =) 
Happy reading y'all 
Ashley  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: To All The Boys I Loved Before (Reread)

To All The Boys I've Loved Before  Series: To All The Boys I've Loved Before #1  Author: Jenny Han Published: April 15th, 2014 by Simon & Schuster  Pages: 355 My Rating:  ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ But now that I think about it, that seems to be all I’ve ever wanted. To be somebody’s and for them to be mine.   Even if she doesn't know the last one, Lara Jean is a hopeless romantic, shy, quirky, and strong-willed. When Lara Jean loves someone, she doesn’t tell them but writes them a love letter. It’s easier to play it safe, to let her feelings pour out onto paper. She holds nothing back; why should she? No one will ever see the letters. She stows them away in the safety of her beloved hatbox.     Lara Jean has written five love letters in her life. The letters range from the boy who stole her first kiss to her sister’s ex-boyfriend.   Lara Jean’s love letters are missing. They are no longer in the safety of her hatbox; they’ve been sent out.   Now Lara Jean is forced to face her bigges

Back to School: Percy Jackson Style

As any fangirl or fanboy wherever you go you want to show your love of books. Being lovers of books we are a unique kind. We crush over fictional characters, they become our best friends, when they hurt we hurt. Books are our escape, our passion, our fun, hobby, friend, books are our lives. Pride comes with being a book nerd and it's something you should embrace. These books we love sometimes take over. We love them so much we want to be a part of that world. I wanted to help find ways for you to always feel close to your favorite books and characters. This week I wanted to do Percy Jackson because I mean who doesn't like Percy Jackson?! These outfits are loosely inspired by some of the loved characters from The Percy Jackson series or the book covers. I stayed on pinterest for hours (shocker right?) to find outfits that have simple pieces that you can find in your closet or wouldn't be hard to find for a good price at stores. I also wanted to find outfits that could easil

Of Poseidon

  "Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen-literally, ouch!-both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma's gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom...Told from both Emma and Galen's points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance." I really enjoyed Of Poseidon  so much in fact that I have read it twice. Of Poseidon is the first book in the Syrena series, and this book is full of humor I was laughing from the very first page. The best part of this book was how much I laughed like a crazy person. Emma and Galen keep having strange encounters, and while Galen has an explanation for them, Emma just thinks he's a creepy stalker who wants to sue her for run