Skip to main content

Review: Scarlet by Marrissa Meyer

Series: The Lunar Chronicles #2
Average Rating on Goodreads: 4.32
Published: February 5th 2013 by Feiwel and Friends
Pages: 454 pages
Favorite Quote: “I knew they would kill me when they found out, but…” He struggled for words, releasing a sharp breath. “I think I realized that I would rather die because I betrayed them, than live because I betrayed you.”
"Cinder, the cyborg mechanic, returns in the second thrilling installment of the bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She's trying to break out of prison--even though if she succeeds, she'll be the Commonwealth's most wanted fugitive. Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit's grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn't know about her grandmother or the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother's whereabouts, she is loath to trust this stranger, but is inexplicably drawn to him, and he to her. As Scarlet and Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder. Now, all of them must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen Levana, who will do anything for the handsome Prince Kai to become her husband, her king, her prisoner."
Lets start with the good okay? I really enjoyed this book. I thought it was a great read and I found myself on multiple nights staying up late thinking there is no time for sleep. I just had to find out what happened to my beloved characters. This book had my heart pounding at times, tears rolling down my face, I was angry at times yelling "You tell them girl!!!", and I also smiled like a crazy person. So yes this book is great at getting reaction out of the reader. The characters were complex in the best way. Scarlet is full of fire and brave. Cinder lovers don't panic you will be reading a lot of her. There are new characters that I loved, and loved to hate. Meyer took Cinder and Scarlet's separate stories and twined them together in a fantastic shocking way. I thought this was a great sequel and it had me excited for the next book. So do I recommend this book and you going on with the series? Absolutely yes!
Now that I have said that do I think it is better then Cinder? No I loved Cinder and to me, it would be very hard to out do it. Scarlet was beautiful and I think Meyers has a great talent for really sinking the reader into the world she created and making a beloved story into her own. However this book had a few flaws I had a hard time getting past. I am picky about books that have different POVS. I think that it is EXTREMLY difficult to get two POVS to work. This book had MANY POVS. Some POVS were short and almost felt not needed in my opinion. I found myself at times forgetting whose POV I was reading. Like I said though, I am picky and weird with POVS. Sometimes it just takes me awhile to get use to them and after a few chapters I get use to it. With this book it took a little longer then normal for me to get use to it and I sadly felt the need to let you guys know. That was my main concern. What did you guys like about this book? Let me know what you guys thought about Scarlet, and don't be shy I love hearing from you guys! =) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: To All The Boys I Loved Before (Reread)

To All The Boys I've Loved Before  Series: To All The Boys I've Loved Before #1  Author: Jenny Han Published: April 15th, 2014 by Simon & Schuster  Pages: 355 My Rating:  ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ But now that I think about it, that seems to be all I’ve ever wanted. To be somebody’s and for them to be mine.   Even if she doesn't know the last one, Lara Jean is a hopeless romantic, shy, quirky, and strong-willed. When Lara Jean loves someone, she doesn’t tell them but writes them a love letter. It’s easier to play it safe, to let her feelings pour out onto paper. She holds nothing back; why should she? No one will ever see the letters. She stows them away in the safety of her beloved hatbox.     Lara Jean has written five love letters in her life. The letters range from the boy who stole her first kiss to her sister’s ex-boyfriend.   Lara Jean’s love letters are missing. They are no longer in the safety of her hatbox; they’ve been sent out.   Now Lara Jean is forced to face her bigges

Back to School: Percy Jackson Style

As any fangirl or fanboy wherever you go you want to show your love of books. Being lovers of books we are a unique kind. We crush over fictional characters, they become our best friends, when they hurt we hurt. Books are our escape, our passion, our fun, hobby, friend, books are our lives. Pride comes with being a book nerd and it's something you should embrace. These books we love sometimes take over. We love them so much we want to be a part of that world. I wanted to help find ways for you to always feel close to your favorite books and characters. This week I wanted to do Percy Jackson because I mean who doesn't like Percy Jackson?! These outfits are loosely inspired by some of the loved characters from The Percy Jackson series or the book covers. I stayed on pinterest for hours (shocker right?) to find outfits that have simple pieces that you can find in your closet or wouldn't be hard to find for a good price at stores. I also wanted to find outfits that could easil

Of Poseidon

  "Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen-literally, ouch!-both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma's gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom...Told from both Emma and Galen's points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance." I really enjoyed Of Poseidon  so much in fact that I have read it twice. Of Poseidon is the first book in the Syrena series, and this book is full of humor I was laughing from the very first page. The best part of this book was how much I laughed like a crazy person. Emma and Galen keep having strange encounters, and while Galen has an explanation for them, Emma just thinks he's a creepy stalker who wants to sue her for run